Downdraft Tables for Aluminum Dust Collection
These unique downdraft tables are specifically designed to safely capture potentially explosive aluminum dust. Why is that important? Aluminum dust must be treated with care and respect. Aluminum particles – when in dust, powder, or flake forms from operations such as grinding, finishing, polishing, etc. – may be suspended as a dust cloud in the air, and consequently may ignite and cause serious damage. If you plan to capture potentially explosive aluminum dust, and the dust cloud is unconfined, the effect is simply one of flash fire. If, however, the ignited dust cloud is at least partially confined, the heat of combustion may result in an explosion. These downdraft tables are designed to eliminate the safety concerns associated with working with aluminum dust in your production facility.
Keep in mind, aluminum dust must never be mixed with steel, other ferrous dusts, or with other potentially explosive or flammable dusts. Meets NFPA 484 when properly used and maintained.
Want more information?
We would love the opportunity to evaluate your specific needs and provide you with the most accurate and detailed information possible. Please continue scrolling for detailed product information, or click the ‘Get a Quote’ button to request a quotation.
- Average Face Velocity = 150 – 400 FPM (dependent upon blower/motor & table size combination)
- 2000 CFM – 5000 CFM (nominal) blowers
- 14 and 16 Gauge uni-body construction
- Direct drive blower motor
- Large work surface for a range of applications
- Removable clean-out tray in filter housing
- Completely self-contained; no outside ducting necessary
- Helps meet OSHA requirement 1910:1000 for industrial air quality
- Custom is standard
- HEPA filtration; 99.97% efficient @ 0.3 microns
- Caster wheel system for easy movement
- Rubber table mats for non-scratch working surface
- Removable dust pan in main body of unit for easy clean-out